The M&A Associate is an integral part of the Corporate Development team and will be involved in all phases of strategic acquisitions & divestitures.
This highly visible role will help develop the complex valuation and financial models used to evaluate proposed deals and deal structures and ensure alignment with Assurant's business model and risk appetite. Working collaboratively with the valuation team, this role will perform strategic & quantitative analysis related to the acquisition of target companies and will also be responsible for coordinating an efficient and comprehensive due diligence process. He/she will have responsibility for developing C-Suite level presentation materials, coordinating with other teams as appropriate and managing work streams and virtual teams on each deal.
The profile for this role is someone excited by the transaction process and analyzing data to determine business decisions. It requires strong attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills and ability to multi-task with competing priorities. This is a great opportunity to join a busy deal team and be exposed to all facets of M&A, from analyzing potential targets through helping with diligence and integration.
* Conduct financial & business model analysis by building detailed financial models
* Analyze financial statements of target companies to inform valuation assumptions
* Support in-house Corporate Development team
* Manage due diligence workstream and be a liaison with business units and corporate functions
* Perform ad hoc analysis (eg. accretion/dilution, synergy estimates, pro forma analysis)
* Develop presentation materials for senior management and external counterparties
* Help evaluate deal prospects & targets and gather input from key stakeholders at Assurant
* BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
* Minimum of 3-5 years financial analytics experience; M&A or related Corporate Development experience a plus
* Highly motivated
* Experience with quantitative reasoning tools & analysis
* Strong financial, analytical and communication skills
* Good knowledge of financial statements and valuation concepts
* Expert level Excel and other analytical tools
* Experience working independently as well as in a team environment
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Proactive and collaborative
* Quick learner* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...