The Client Onboarding (COB) function, in liaison with clients and numerous teams inside and outside of Capital Markets, is designed to centrally facilitate the capture of onboarding requirements in order to enable service and product provision and revenue generation. The team provides support to all lines of business across Capital Markets with the exception of FICC and Equity Research and Investment Banking. Through a centralized onboarding model, our commitment is to deliver the highest standards of services to our clients and improve their overall experience. The three key business drivers are as follows - client experience, standardized processes and regulatory compliance.
* Coordinate and facilitate new client requests across Capital Markets; providing a centralized point of contact and data collection for the client as well as the Line of Business and all supporting areas such as Credit, Legal, Operations, etc.
* Improving the clients' experience upon entering into a relationship with the bank by making the process more efficient, seamless and transparent.
* Stewardship of client onboarding process from the initiation of the request to the final completion of the account opening, ensuring the appropriate level of information sharing, priority placement and collaboration is followed by all partner groups involved in the process while providing transparency of current status of the request to the Line of Business and the client.
* Provide guidance to Line of Business and support areas for resolving client or specific market segment/regulatory onboarding issues and challenges
* Ensure all clients are completely set up to trade from both a regulatory standpoint as well as to meet all internal requirements
* Assist both Line of Business and Clients with the regulatory adherence process. (Dodd-Frank, EMIR, FATCA, Canadian Trade Reporting, etc)
* Contribute to weekly/monthly client status reporting to all stakeholders
* Provide notification to all internal teams of new client and all related information - creating a seamless hand-off to support teams.
* Assist with the implementation of technology to help streamline the front to back process.
* Provide guidance and problem-solve issues and challenges referred by other areas and clients.
* Prioritize work in accordance with procedure and LOB ranking to maximize financial benefit and minimize customer negative impacts.
* Act as SME for area of expertise. Provide advice in the completion of processes and recommend business performance improvements.
* Ensure receipt of appropriate approvals/ authorizations in accordance with P&Ps and regulatory requirements.
* Manage and monitor a complex portfolio of work representing a significant amount of revenue generation.
* Monitor compliance requirements. Ensure adherence to directives, policies & procedures and regulatory/ government requirements.
This job has direct or indirect impact on the following:
* Contributes to customer confidence and satisfaction by ensuring client onboarding experience is completed accurately and efficiently. * Contributes to customer retention by ensuring requests to add more products are managed swiftly and effectively. * Contributes to Bank financial performance by getting client through the acquisition phase to completion state in the swiftest timeframe allowing the Sales Organisation to realise client revenue as soon as possible. * Contributes to the mitigation of reputational risk and financial loss against such things as fraud, money laundering and/or financial penalties by ensuring compliance with P&Ps and regulatory requirements.
* An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of Finance, International Business, Operations, Business Law * 3 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry in Operations, Trading Support or Sales role. * Working knowledge of trading products across Capital Markets with a focus on FX * Working knowledge of the competitive market place, trends and regulations in the industry * Knowledge of FATCA, Dodd-Frank, Canadian Trade Reporting and EMIR would be an asset
* Proven ability to conceptualize business and stakeholder initiatives and to guide those initiatives as daily business requirements for the group * Excellent level of relationship management, interpersonal skills and the ability to strategically and ethically leverage these relationships in a demanding environment * Exceptional ability to independently manage multiple priorities and to proactively service multiple internal clients in a fast-paced environment * Ability to work a demanding schedule under limited supervision * Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and adapt quickly * Ability to review, assess and provide detailed information daily * Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers at all levels of the organization * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships * Strong conflict management/ resolution skills * Strong organizational and prioritization skills * * We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.