At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as an Accounting Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Accounting Specialist to join our Core Controllers team. In this role you will be responsible for accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
* Assist in maintaining the accounting records and financial information of the Firm.
* Performs and reviews daily/monthly/quarterly account reconciliations for the general ledger, sub-ledger house accounts and, where applicable, third party bank accounts.
* Prepare journal entries for posting, ledgers and other accounting records, including various month end accruals and reconciliations.
* Assist in generating internal and external financial reports such as monthly and quarterly reviews as well as assisting in the preparation of the year end audited financial statements and information requests.
* Maintains proper controls and in accordance with procedures for accounting and reporting.
* Performs analysis of revenue and expense accounts as part of the month end close process.
* Responsible for accounting related to the Firm Investment Portfolio including mark to market, posting accruals and adjusting entries, monthly analysis and reconciliations to the subsidiary ledger system.
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting
* 0-1+ years of relevant work experience
* Strong Excel (Pivots, V-Lookups, Graphs/Charts) and reporting skills
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Analytical skills and knowledge of accounting
* Experience with PeopleSoft GL preferred
What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...