Button's mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there. Data will be the foundation for building our next generation of products-and that's where you come in.
As a Senior Data Scientist focused on Machine Learning you will be responsible for defining Button's approach to embedding machine learning within our product, and creating dynamic and personalized experiences for consumers. You'll establish our machine learning process end-to-end, and work with data engineers to refine our platform and how it supports a tight machine learning workflow. You'll determine characteristics of customers, brands, products, and publishers that predict how customers respond to personalized experiences, identify opportunities to leverage these insights with new data-driven experiences, and provide mentorship and technical leadership across the Data and Engineering organizations.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST YOU WILL:
* Design, build, and maintain predictive models in production
* Identify deficiencies in our ML workflow to shorten our learning and deployment cycle
* Work alongside data engineers to build targeted enhancements to our data platform
* Infer attributes of customers, products, merchants, publishers and more to support experiences that spark joy for end consumers
* Identify and incorporate new sources of data to improve our models
* Find opportunities to enhance Button's platform and products with machine learning
* Manage and understand our exposure to model risk
* Provide technical leadership within the Engineering organization by demonstrating excellence and embodying Button's values
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
* Experience deploying and evaluating machine learning models in production
* Facility with a variety of data sources, such as Redshift, APIs, S3 logs
* Open and active in sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills
* Experience with one or more languages with significant data ecosystems like Python or R
* Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
* Brad Groff, Director of Data: Brad is the head of the Data team at Button. Before joining us, he ran data science and data engineering at Ordergroove, and managed data science teams at Capital One and Booz Allen Hamilton. In his free time, he can be found engaging in lengthy discussions with his daughter on topics such as which colors are his favorite colors and why, how some monsters can be nice and others can be mean (but sometimes just because they're hungry), and which things are the silliest things.
Mijail Gomez, Data Science Engineer: Mijail has worked on event ingestion, data processing frameworks, data standardization, and experimentation frameworks. He loves having discussions on data architecture, systems and tech. Before Button he was in SF working in early stage startups. Outside of work he enjoys soccer, hiking, and exploring new burger places in NYC.
Liwei Mao, Senior Software Engineer: Liwei builds data pipelines, design controlled product experiments, and creates beautiful visualizations to present data collected at Button. She spends her free time searching for delicious food and reading in the sun.
Justin Tse, Data Scientist: Justin's responsibilities at Button include experimentation, modeling, and supporting product releases. Outside of the office you can find him mixing cocktails or taking pictures around NYC
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work-regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data manager, data quality, data scientist, data warehousing, etl, mongo database administrator, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...