The Student Mentors will interact with students in a one-on-one and small-group settings in New York City non-public schools. The Mentoring Program will focus on the academic and social-emotional needs of the students in either a 'pull-out' or 'push-in' model. Student Mentors will work closely with the school administration to meet the identified needs of the participating students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Obtaining parental consent for participation
* Establishing goals for the students based upon their academic and social-emotional needs
* Interacting with key school personnel, including the school administration and teachers
* Adhere to compliance requirements (ie documentation, reporting) as set forth by the NYC Department of Education
* Additional responsibilities as needed and determined by the Mentoring Program Supervisor and/or Site Managers
The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in basic educational skills, including math and literacy (assessment of proficiency may be administered prior to employment). The Student Mentors must be personable, caring, and professional in their interactions with students and adults. Student Mentors must meet the requirements for clearance by the NYC Department of Education (including SAFE, CAR, and PETS approval).
Associated topics: art, college, faculty, gs 1702, gs 1720, professor, school superintendent, teach, teacher, tutor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...