Commercial Lending Management (CLM) - Asset Based Finance Underwriting & Portfolio Management Credit Officer
Citi's Commercial Asset Based Finance (ABF) team is one of the specialty verticals organized under Commercial Industries and Regional Credit (CIRC) within the broader Commercial Lending Management (CLM) function for the U.S. Citi Commercial Bank (CCB). CLM is a critical part of the client delivery model for the CCB, translating thought-leadership, industry and product expertise, and an end-to-end ownership of the credit relationship into best-in-class lending solutions. Citi's U.S. CCB ABF team is primarily responsible for the origination and portfolio management of asset-secured, working capital facilities for U.S. CCB client relationships.
The CCB's ABF team is currently seeking an Underwriting & Portfolio Credit Officer. This individual will be responsible for the origination and ongoing credit monitoring and portfolio management of middle-market asset based lending relationships within the U.S. CCB, with typical transaction sizes of $35 million to $500 million, including both bilateral and syndicated credit facilities. This is a Vice President level role that will work as part of a multi-level credit team reporting to the CLM ABF Portfolio Head. Experienced Associates will also be considered for the role.
Asset Based Lending - Underwriting & Portfolio Credit Officer will be responsible for the following
* Handling all aspects for the lending process from underwriting and approval at origination to ongoing credit portfolio management, including financial and operating performance monitoring of portfolio companies, responding to periodic amendment requests, and seeking extensions/renewals.
* Preparing historical and projected financial analysis to monitor the loan repayment ability and financial condition of borrowers through the life of the loan.
* Drafting written credit memorandums in accordance with group standards.
* Conducting on-going financial, legal and business due diligence for existing clients through maturity/extension of the credit relationship, including a review of financial statements, budget/projections, industry trends and company research.
* Analyzing and assessing on-going collateral information, including field examination reports and third-party appraisals to determine required remediation and understand impact on borrowing capacity.
* Preparing narrative analyses and written summaries of financial and collateral performance on existing ABL portfolio accounts (annually, semi-annually or monthly, as required); participating alongside Risk and client relationship coverage in portfolio reviews.
* Conducting and/or supporting periodic client calls on portfolio clients.
* Supporting the negotiation process with existing borrowers to document amendments/modifications and managing internal and external legal counsel to ensure such changes are adequately documented, that issues are appropriately identified and resolved, and that changes are executed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Ensuring appropriate regulatory classification and minimizing net credit losses; identify areas of concerns pertaining to a loan and escalate early to senior staff.
* Communicating effectively and partnering with CCB Risk, client coverage, internal audit, and workout.
* Developing a working relationship with prospective borrowers and other potential senior/junior lending partners.
* Earning credit initials commensurate with performance and experience.
Asset Based Lending - Underwriting & Portfolio Credit Officer should have these skills
* Ability to analyze historical financial statements and develop financial projections
* Basic understanding of various loan structures
* Basic knowledge of loan documentation criteria
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and with clients
* Demonstrate ability as a self-starter, well-organized, detail-oriented, and \"can-do\" attitude
* Work well both independently and in a fast-paced team environment, while managing time efficiently across multiple priorities
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* 5-8 years of experience working in a banking environment, preferably in a credit role
* Bachelors Degree required; MBA/CFA preferred
* Knowledge of Citi Credit Policy and credit workflow systems a plus
* Formal credit training also a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (\"Citi\") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the \"EEO is the Law\" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Associated topics: actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant, actuary consultant, analyst, assistant actuary, director actuary, investment actuary, life actuary, model, statistics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...