The EY Business Tax Advisory (BTA) Quantitative Services (QS) practice provides cutting-edge solutions to some of the world's largest organizations and middle market and private companies. As a member of our BTA team, you will solve problems, add value and assist companies navigating an increasingly complex post-tax reform environment.
A BTA QS manager role is a high-profile, deeply entrepreneurial role, where you'll personally manage operations with your own portfolio of prestigious clients. You will lead a team focused on identifying the various cash tax savings and refund opportunities in the areas of FDII, BEAT and GILTI planning; R&D credits; accounting methods; capitalization and cost recovery; transaction costs; inventory; and others.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive federal tax experience with compliance and strategic planning, providing clients an integrated service that adds significant value to their tax function. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, you'll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our clients. Additionally, you'll be part of a rapidly growing team that is working with and supporting the EY comprehensive business tax advisory strategy. With the support of some of the most experienced professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your career at EY and build a strong foundation in your tax technical, management, marketing and business skills.
Your key responsibilities
You're likely to spend your time managing multiple clients, so your ability to seamlessly move and prioritize efforts across accounts will be a vital part of the role. Put simply, everything you do will come back to developing and improving tax planning strategies, as well as our tools and processes. We'll also look to you to identify opportunities for new business. That will mean collaborating with colleagues across the business and facilitating new relationships that meet currently unmet client needs in a wide range of areas. Since you'll be directly communicating with our clients, some travel may be necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
* Preparing effective approaches to our clients' tax needs and identifying new business opportunities
* Understanding, communicating and influencing intelligent decision-making in complex tax areas
* Providing timely and high-quality tax advice, tax planning services and work products that exceed client expectations
* Building long-lasting client relationships, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements and building business development opportunities
* Helping to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and making sure team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
* Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations
To qualify for the role, you must have
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, as well as approximately five years of related work experience, or a graduate degree in tax or law and approximately four years of related work experience
* A valid US CPA or licensed attorney designation
* Broad exposure to federal income taxation
* The ability to learn and communicate complex tax and industry concepts to clients
* Confidence in your ability to organize and prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
* Excellent leadership, managerial, organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills
* The ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of EY personnel and client personnel
* Executive presence and ability to be the primary contact on engagements
* Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access and data mining tools
Ideally, you'll also have
* Familiarity or skill in IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling desired
* Big 4 comparable experience
* Advanced degree such as MST, MSA, JD or LLM
What we look for
We're interested in tax professionals who are excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses, with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often uncertain scenarios, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...