OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Fox & Friends is looking for a dynamic Supervising Writer. If you never get beat on a story, have an eye for catchy stories and a passion for current events, this is the job for you. You will oversee all news content of Fox & Friends. You will supervise a team of Writers and work with Executive and Senior Producers to craft the tone of a fast-paced show. You will assign stories to writers and manage the gathering of all video and sound bites as well as fact check stories and research news topics. You will be a key player during breaking news, leading the team and executing coverage that sets the tone for the entire channel as the first live show in the morning.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage a team of writers
* Oversee all content and elements for daily news stories
* Communicate critical story information with writers, producers and managers
* Write attention grabbing teases
* Be a true leader among one of the most outstanding writing teams in the business
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* 4+ years of national or local major market experience
* Demonstrated ability to write creative/edgy stories and teases
* The ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
* Inews experience is a plus
* Must be willing to work overnight and weekends
* Ability to multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
* Ability to lead a team during breaking news with clear instructions and communication
* Ability to identify catchy stories that people discuss throughout the day
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Associated topics: agent, celebrity, director, expert, lead, manager, monitor, oversee, sap, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...