MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive messaging platform for front to back trading systems like order management, algorithmic engines, market signal publishing, event sourcing applications, risk engines and asset inventory systems.
* Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
* Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
* Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience building C++/Java systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
* Familiarity with STL and C++11 language extensions, Boost
* Network programming (sockets, TCP/UDP/Multicast protocols)
* Multi-threading, concurrent programming
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
* Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...