MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are seeking a junior economist to join the Global Macro Research team in New York. Macro Research focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities. This role reports to our head of Latin America Research.
Key responsibilities include:
* Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
* Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
* Generate unique, thematic written research
* Collaborating with the broader economics and strategy teams
* Supporting internal stakeholders in institutional client services (sales and trading) and across the firm
* Presenting our market views to a wide range of clients
Preferred Qualifications & Skillset
* 1-3 years of experience working in macroeconomic and/or markets research, ideally with direct experience developing and communicating investment ideas
* Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills; Spanish proficiency preferred
* Strong quantitative skills and fluency in applied statistics and econometrics
* Deep curiosity, and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
* Desire to work in a team-centric environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Associated topics: commercial, commission, consultant, credit, economy asset, financial, financial analyst, gs 0110 12, investment, pricing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...