The editorial team at Katherine Tegen Books is seeking a fall intern to provide administrative and editorial support. Katherine Tegen Books publishes high-quality, commercial literature for children of all ages, including teens.
This fall internship is a paid opportunity (14 hours per week), and it will run from mid-September through mid-November for a total of 10 weeks.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to - applications without cover letters will not be considered.
* Assist Publisher and imprint editors with editorial notes and inputting line edits on manuscripts.
* Draft jacket copy.
* Assist with creating TI (title information) sheets.
* General office support (answer phones, filing, mail sorting, copying) for entire department.
* Traffic materials to other departments (production, marketing, publicity, sales) as needed.
* Assist with social media accounts.
* Read manuscript submissions and write reader's reports.
* Attend imprint meetings for editorial and design.
* Current undergraduate (sophomore year or above) or graduate student preferred, but not require
* Strong communication skills
* Is detail-oriented and organized
* Ability to juggle multiple projects
* An interest in children's book publishing
* A cover letter is a MUST
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: comedy writer, content writer, contributing editor, copywrite, drama, edit, freelance, on call, story, writing internship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...