Invesco is one of the world's leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
This role represents a significant opportunity for a dynamic marketer to define and oversee execution of the marketing approach delivered across Invesco's retail retirement and third-party client segments (includes Invesco's advisor-sold educational savings 529 plan.) The end objective of this position is to strategically deploy the right communications at the right time through end-to-end client experiences that drive deeper engagement with and consideration of the firm's growth engines and strategic investment priorities. Marketing activities used to achieve these objectives may include a combination of strategic marketing themes and detailed campaigns delivered through tactics such as: direct mail, digital platform and journeys, email, events, webinars, multi-media content, selling systems and programmatic content (includes practice management, macro perspectives and thought leadership insights). As a player/coach, this candidate will contribute to a collaborative and forward-thinking culture to build a best-in-class segment marketing team within one of the world's preeminent investment management firms.
* Work collaboratively with their direct report to develop and deliver timely and relevant marketing collateral and activities in alignment with segment objectives
* Work closely with the Distribution Leadership to ensure synchronicity of all aspects of the marketing strategy and implementation plans.
* Partnership on items such as overall business planning, content strategy, digital nurturing and lead generation, to name a few examples.
* Deliver compelling content and messaging through programmatic marketing, selling systems and sales enablement functionalities
* Represent Invesco at due diligence meetings with the State of Rhode Island and be a main marketing point of contact for the 529 plan administrator
* Proactively identify opportunities to promote the 529 plan and age-based portfolios as well as create due diligence meeting strategies and materials
* Adhere to legal regulations and industry and firm practices regarding the marketing of 529 plans, investment management products and the distribution of literature
* Employ a digital-first marketing approach through journey frameworks and personalized user experiences throughout the sales cycle
* Measure effectiveness through KPIs and ROI at the campaign and segment level to quantify successes and qualify learnings
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with members of the Marketing, Distribution, , Investment Marketing, Investments and other segment marketers
* Work with other marketing colleagues in a coordinated manner to avoid duplicative efforts, gain efficiencies and maximize overall impact of campaigns
* Work closely with the Head of Segment Marketing to anticipate and resolve barriers, constraints and to align activities with the company's overall brand identity and with critical marketing partners across disciplines (brand, advertising, creative, etc.)
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* 5-7 years of hands-on experience and a proven track record in asset management marketing.
* Experience across investment disciplines and vehicles strongly preferred
* Experience with 529 plans or other tax-advantaged investment solutions preferred
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* An effective problem solver
* Polished with effective communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
* Excellent relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to get creative and accurate work out of internal and external agencies and resources
* Technical proficiency and knowledge of business segments (retirement, 529, variable annuity and insurance. Demonstrated track record of meeting rapid-pace, demanding client needs
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, effectively prioritize and make the appropriate tradeoffs as needed (i.e., flexibility) to meet committed deadlines
* A persuasive communicator in individual, small and large group environments
* Strives for excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
* Ability to manage detailed budgets and provide reporting
* Proficient in the use of digital platforms
* High level of energy and passion for marketing
* Collaborative approach; able to engender support and effect change across the organization
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications or equivalent work experience
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Series 6 or 7 license helpful, but not required
* Normal office environment.
* Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment.
* Willingness to travel as necessary for client and internal meetings (usually less than 25% of time)
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...