The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and staff support to an assigned department. The duties of the position include supporting the Base Managers, Crewmembers, general administrative tasks, receptionist and project based work.
* Process all Inflight Leaves of Absence (in and out) * Maintain and track all Leaves of Absence * Maintain and audit base transportation * Support Base Manager with daily tasks and projects * Support Inflight Team Leaders with specialized base project requests * Update and audit base Crewmembers' travel documents * Liaison for Crewmembers, Crewleaders, Risk Management and business partners to gather information and complete and track Worker's Compensation Clams and processing of the required workflows * Interface with CrewPlanning, Crew Services, Benefits, CrewTravel to ensure Crewmembers are active in their systems when returning to work * Update the base Offline List monthly to reflect current Leaves of Absence and ensure proper Crewmember bid ability. * Maintain the upkeep of the base Crewmembers' electronic files * Ensure the office and crew lounge space is organized and supplied with necessary items * Responsible for general administrative tasks; may include answering telephones, filing, copying, sorting and distributing daily mail and maintaining daily task list * Plan and organize meetings/appointments/conferences; create meeting agendas and record meeting minutes * If Inflight Qualified: Must participate in the Inflight Leadership Visibility Program (ILVP) a minimum of four (4) times per year for Recognition Flying, Airport Visibility Support, Operational Support Flying, Leadership Presence Flying and / or Leadership Currency Flying. * Coordinate travel arrangement for Base Managers and processes travel and meeting expenses * Assist with Crewmember inquires by responding to direct requests for information or forwarding questions to appropriate parties or departments * Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory for office and crew lounge supplies
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma * Three (3) years of experience in secretarial, clerical or administrative position * Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word * Demonstrated strong work ethic, specifically areas of attendance and punctuality * Time and organizational management skills when dealing with constant time sensitive requests * Able to work flexible hours and be available for an emergency response on short notice * Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test * Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located * Preferred Experience and Qualifications * Bachelor's Degree preferred * Knowledge of Crew Trac and SharePoint * Excellent verbal and written communication * Excellent organizational and analytical skills * Excellent team spirit and motivation
* Regular attendance and punctuality * Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance * When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft * Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion * Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards * Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR)) * Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls * Upholding JetBlue's safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment * Office phone
* Normal office environment * Present for core business hours but may be required to work evenings and weekends
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.