Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective - in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC. Requirements We're seeking a diligent, motivated, and meticulous individual to join our busy Contracts team.
The Contracts Assistant will report to the Associate Director and will assist with drafting and negotiating author contracts, entering contract information into our database, and assisting with registration of publications with the US Copyright Office.
* Assisting with drafting and negotiating author contracts, amendments, and other
associated agreements. This involves extensive communication with authors and agents, as well as in-house editors, legal counsel, and other staff
* Interpretation and database entry of contract details * Processing and tracking contracts for signature and payment. * Scanning signed documents into the digital archive * Registering our books with the US Copyright Office * Some administrative support and occasional special projects
Required Skills / Knowledge:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills * Keen attention to detail * Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel * Interest in book publishing and contracts * Ability to work both collaboratively and independently * Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Prior office experience required. Experience with author contracts, subsidiary rights agreements, permissions licensing, or general book publishing or media experience preferred
Educational Background Required:
* Some college preferred, but not required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.