At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to be the face and voice of design across MSK? If you're eager to make an impact throughout the organization, we truly can't think of a better cross-functional, more creative role then this one right now.
The Strategy & Innovation team is excited to bring onboard a new Design Director during a time of change at MSK. This is a rare opportunity for a design leader to make a tangible plan as to what design means for us as an organization, evangelize design with organizational leaders and navigating our community, practices and policies. We are eager to launch a shared philosophy to spread across the organization.
About our current team:
We have been bringing human centered design to MSK through Strategy & Innovation projects over the past 11 years. Our work is multi-disciplinary, driven by organizational strategy and pushing innovation in care delivery and experience. Our dedicated team of design strategists bring a diverse and deep set of experiences and expertise.
What's exciting and unique about this opportunity:
Define and elevate design to an enabling organizational capability as a core strategic pillar.
Have a concrete impact on innovation and transformation across how we deliver care and the patient experience.
Partner with mission-driven, patient centered and passionate teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Driving innovation through building organizational design capabilities and design culture.
* Partnering with the SVP, Strategy & Innovation to re-imagine the role of design across the organization and providing creative and design leadership and management to building design as an enabling strategy across MSK.
* Fostering and nurturing collaborative creativity across disciplines (e.g. technology, clinical, operations, quality and safety).
* Overseeing design activities and creation of design competencies with the goal of delivering innovative solutions that address institutional strategic objectives and supports organizational transformation.
* Driving an understanding and excitement about design at MSK, working with leadership (Memorial Hospital, MSK Corporate, & Sloan Kettering Institute) to foster design of innovative programs, spaces, services, communications and operational processes from inception through idea prototyping and translation to implementation.
What type of background does our future director have - this is what we're ideally seeking:
* Bachelor's degree & 10+ yrs of experience or Master's Degree (Master of Design, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Science) & 7-10 yrs of experience
* Demonstrated experience building design capabilities within organizations
* Deliver human-centered, innovative, and implementable design concepts with experience working in complex systems
* Lead and inspire the work of creative teams
* Employ human-centered design methodology and practice
* Passionate about design and the opportunity for it to have broad organizational impact
* Build excitement, inspiration and alignment among diverse, distributed leaders
* Represent thought-leadership in design innovation
* Facilitate and champion for change within a complex organization
* Fluency with core design methods such as design research, sketching, storyboarding, diagramming;
* Stellar written and verbal communication, storytelling and presentation skills
* Collaborative process and team-building across diverse expertise and organizational structures
* Strong inclination towards innovation and change management
* Experience working in healthcare is a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...