Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
We are seeking an Economist to join the global economics team, reporting to the Global Chief Economist, based in New York.
The economist in this position will be responsible for a variety of analyses, building econometric models to understand/explain global macroeconomic phenomena and explore global macro themes. This role includes scope for further development that would include independent client-facing presentations and attendance at morning meetings with Morgan Stanley's sales force.
* Building and maintaining econometric models
* Producing research reports and model forecasts on a regular basis
* Participating in proprietary research projects, which may include survey work and ad-hoc modeling
* Handling internal and external client requests
* Participating in weekly conference calls and attending morning sales and trading meetings
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
* PhD in Economics strongly preferred; strong academic background in macroeconomics and econometrics a must
* Strong aptitude for quantitative and econometric analysis
* Ideally 1 to 6 years of economics industry/field experience strongly preferred
* Advanced business writing skills; ability to produce clear and concise written English
* High level of initiative to find a way in unstructured and stressful situations
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with others Associated topics: capital, commercial, economics, economy asset, financial, insurer, investment, pricing, real estate, valuation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.