The NBA is a global sports and media business built around four professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the Women's National Basketball Association, the NBA G League and the NBA 2K League. The NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming in 215 countries and territories in 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 100,000 stores in 100 countries on six continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2018-19 season featured 108 international players from 42 countries and territories. NBA Digital's assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with1.6 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
The Player Health Liaison will join a team across multiple departments primarily to support league office matters related to NBA player health. This position will also assist with various Basketball Operations-specific projects and events.
* Support monitoring and compliance with league rules for teams regarding the entry of information into the leaguewide Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
* Play a key role in managing compliance with rules related to NBA Injury-Illness-Rest-Reporting Rules and related policies, including daily monitoring of publicly-reported participation statuses
* Take active role in reviewing team pre-season reporting requirements related to health screenings and certifications
* Support management of concussion tracking
* Coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, including regular communication with team physicians, athletic trainers, and basketball operations personnel
* Conduct quantitative analysis and qualitative research on various Basketball Operations projects and initiatives
* Support key Basketball Operations projects and events such as All-Star Weekend, Draft Combine, NBA Draft, and NBA Summer League
* 1-2 years of work experience is preferred but not required
* Passion for basketball
* Background in sports management, business, analytics, or public health preferred but not required
* Prior work and/or internship experience in sports preferred but not required
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Detail-oriented, well-organized, self-disciplined, and eager to learn
* Ability to adapt in different situations
* Strong technical skill set with the ability to work with and digest large amounts of data
* Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite
* Integrity with confidential information
* Prior knowledge of an EMR system preferred but not required
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Quantitative Analyst, Intern, Data, Entry Level
Associated topics: disease, drug development, food, industrial hygienist, kinesiology, medicine, pharmaceutical, pharmacology, therapy, vaccine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...