* Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
* Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing, down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
* Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
* Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
* Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
* Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacement
* Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
* Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production
* Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
Additional Job Requirements
* Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Ability to travel as required
* It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
* Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus
* Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
* Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
* Familiarity with NY sports
* Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
* Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
* Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
* Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
Associated topics: audio, cinematographer, gaffer, radio, radio operator, systems engineer, technical, teleprompter, visual, vtc
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...