The Senior Counsel/Counsel, Legal Affairs, will handle a wide range of legal matters for the Entertainment & Lifestyle Group (\"ELG\") (formerly Cable Entertainment) networks, related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of entertainment programming.
* Draft, negotiate, and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, talent, digital rights and technology, content acquisition, and other similar agreements.
* Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
* Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counter-parties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
* Create, update, analyze, and manage forms and legal documents.
* Collaborate with members of ELG Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact.
* Perform other tasks as requested by Vice President, Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the ELG Legal Affairs group.
* Law degree
* JD and member of a state bar in good standing
* Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise. Minimum of 5 years of experience for Counsel, 7 years for Senior Counsel
* Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
* Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking ability
* Flexible, creative thinker with ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise as business needs evolve
* Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing high volume of wide-ranging matters
* Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
* Collaborative, team-oriented attitude
Associated topics: attorney, compliance department, compliance office, court, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal, legal department, market
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...