Position Summary: As Brand Manager, this person would be responsible for leading the strategic brand plan development, shopper marketing programs, and brand innovation for High-end Irish (HEI) Whiskey and supporting the shopper marketing plans for Chivas Regal.
* The Whiskey BM will be responsible for leading key projects to help accelerate the growth of Redbreast, build the High-end Irish Whiskey category, and revitalize Chivas Regal. * This role requires an experienced brand leader who has a strong consumer marketing, analytical, shopper marketing, and innovation background and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business including but not limited to the following: * Partnering with the agencies and Global Brand teams to drive the communication strategy and vision, for retail programs, and helping to develop platforms/executions that maximize business results for Redbreast * Providing support for future pipeline development; leading innovation to ensure proper insights, ideation, positioning and subsequent handoff to engagement team for asset development for HEI * Leading cross-functional teams that may include Sales, Consumer Insights, Finance, Events, and PR to develop and manage marketing objectives, goals and strategies for HEI * Leading the commercialization, project management, and in-market execution of innovation launches including partnering with field sales to plan and execute launch programs for HEI * Partnering with the agencies and Global Brand teams to drive the retail programs, and helping to develop platforms/executions that maximize business results for Chivas Regal
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Innovation pipeline - lead development of Redbreast innovation pipeline in conjunction with global team at Irish Distillers to develop scalable * Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual strategic planning process. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer-centric programs and shopper marketing activations/tools for Redbreast. * Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion or incremental resources. * Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach. * Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand owners, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success. * Analysis and Reporting: Lead the analysis and reporting of market and competitor trends to identify salient business issues/opportunities, working with divisional sales/marketing teams as necessary for Redbreast. * Research: Perform analysis/construct research programs and derive implications to ensure marketing programs/expenditures meet KPIs. Consistently seek to improve the existing programming. * Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, leveraging channel specific shopper insights/retailer challenges, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies for Redbreast.
Nature & Scope: Position typically works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency services agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives. Communication can include sensitive information requiring complete confidentiality and discretion in dealings with contacts. Incumbent plans activities for this position monthly with individual initiative in daily routine. Decisions impact the group and organization as a whole, and errors can cause significant expense to the entire organization.
* Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree - preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. Masters in Business (MBA) or marketing preferred. * Proficiency in MS-Office with emphasis on Excel, Powerpoint, Word. * Experience / Background: Between 5 to 7 years of marketing experience.
* Solid experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities. * Strong leadership/management skills with potential to move into a leadership position at Pernod Ricard * Strong financial / business acumen. * Strong shopper marketing acumen with a focus on digital, program development, and channel specific executions. * Previous experience developing programs with influencers, social media, and eCRM. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management. * Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements. * The ability to collaborate and deliver with pace & excellence through others. * Spirits industry experience not required, but helpful.
Working Conditions: Approximately 25% travel to field and partner locations.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT? Vodka, Chivas Regal? Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet? Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson? Irish Whiskey, Malibu?, Kahl?a? Liqueur, Beefeater? Gin, and Avi?n? Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avi?n); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek? and Brancott Estate?; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jou?t? Champagne, G.H. Mumm? Champagne and Mumm Napa? sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. * Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.