Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry
There is no shortage of talent - we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks - open door policy with all executives
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future-one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What's in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Under minimal supervision and working closely with members of the Mortgage Warehouse Lending team, underwrite credit requests, renewals, facility changes, and financial covenant waivers in a manner that provides for analysis supporting loan risk in accordance with Bank standards, practices and policies. Effectively manage assigned projects and recurring reporting responsibilities.
Embrace and deliver Sterling National Bank's brand values and core competencies in everyday interaction. Exhibit ethical behavior and integrity in everyday business conduct.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
* Work independently supporting Mortgage Warehouse Lending business development, retainage and management efforts through the timely production of informative and evaluative credit documents and underwriting materials.
* Perform a full Counterparty analysis to include financial statement analysis, company background, quality of management, collateral quality, business strategy, and due diligence checks as needed.
* Make loan grading recommendations in a manner that appropriately balances client needs with Bank policies, procedure and established guidelines.
* Manage new business and renewal Credit Offering Memorandums, periodic reporting activities and other departmental tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
What We Want
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
* Education: College degree, including accounting and finance
* Experience: 3 years credit and risk management experience
* Career commitment to commercial lending and portfolio risk management
* Top tier performance credentials in all credit disciplines
* Strong interpersonal and writing skills
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
* Knowledge of mortgage warehouse lending to mortgage banks preferable
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening
Associated topics: cfa, cpa, director finance, finance director, financial planning, financial services, fiscal, investor, kpmg, risk
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...