At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
Develops and implements global security architecture solutions using formal risk management methodologies. Develops information security architecture to enforce security requirements and address identified risks. Works with other IT staff to ensure design achieves both business and technical requirements.Evaluates vendor products for security capabilities. Remains current on IT Security/Architecture trends. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
About the position:
The Next Generation Infrastructure Security Architect establishes technical strategies of innovative security and emerging technologies which are functional and secure based on International and Federal standards and financial industry best practices for Bank of New York Mellon and its boutiques. This position will perform technical support across the CISO team, business lines and technology teams around a multitude of security technologies, across all types of Infrastructure, Platform, and Software. This position supports the secure design, development, implementation, and/or integration of next generation technologies across the bank's entire line of services and the bank's cybersecurity program. Responsible for ensuring that emerging technologies and FinTech solutions will be functional and secure within the bank's computing and networking environments and in alignment with relevant bank security policies and directives.
* Lead security technology requirements and architectural Network/ Systems infrastructure and blueprint delivery on emerging technologies and FinTech. Current technology focus areas include Blockchain, Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud Strategies, Mobile Solutions, Deceptive Technologies and Automation.
* Provide guidance and assistance to senior level technology and business managers in researching innovative and disruptive technologies. Operate as a transformation agent to upgrade and enhance Business as Usual (BAU) process in Security Operations, Engineering, governance and other control/technical processes to deploy securely.
* Balance big-picture perspective with hands on execution to devise economically viable security by design solution for complex cross functional projects with a focus on Network/ Systems Infrastructure security.
* Network/ Systems Infrastructure design security documents including references architectures and design blueprints. Support the development of policies and best practices as new technologies are introduced and threat landscape expands.
* Assist operations team in security evaluation of internal and third-party developed hardware, software, documentation, testing, and document evaluation findings in reports and briefings.
* Evaluate and apply international, federal, and state cyber-security (ISO, NIST, Fed, OCC, SEC, etc.) policies and instructions to ensure system and interface requirements support cyber-security needs.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
* 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
* Ability to see the \"big picture\" while focusing on small components of the overall vision.
* Have previous experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development, application security, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management, network security)
* Possess working knowledge of common and industry standard identity and access management mechanisms (SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, Active Directories, etc) and cryptography (key management, encryption, etc.)
* Demonstrated hands-on security architect with experience architecting Information Security systems/services
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45012
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1810819
Associated topics: cybersecurity, identity access management, information assurance, information security, information technology security, leak, security analyst, security engineer, violation, vulnerability
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...