Superintendent - Service (Manhattan)
New York, United States - thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp
Location New York Duration Long-term Contract Full Time Status Laufende Rekrutierung Job ID US_901745_ET_TKELECP06124
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent- Service in Manhattan, NY.Essential Job Functions:
* Visits job sites and performs quality audits to insure that route work is being completed efficiently and in a cost effective manner
* Performs NIM job audit within 15 days of construction and modernization turnovers. Includes identifying issues that could potentially affect the overall reliability of the equipment and providing feedback and recommendations for the improvement of future installations
* Assists mechanics with jobs. Includes trouble shooting and providing on-the-job training
* Uses accounting reports to review route profitability and call backs. Includes providing feedback, data and reports to management
* Takes part and assists with safety training
* Provides technical input to sales staff on the scope of work and materials needed to bid repair work. Includes calculating labor and material costs
* Provides feedback to service manager prior to field evaluations and performance ratings
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements
* Maintains strong familiarity of company products by attending company training classes, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods. Includes working with regional field trainers
* Determines what materials need to be ordered for repairs and orders parts
* Performs other duties as may be assigned
* Thorough knowledge of the construction industry and general management skills; or general business knowledge normally acquired though a Bachelor's degree; or two years experience managing on a branch departmental level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to write reports, contract proposals and business correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers
* Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* This position requires up to 15% travel
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Our offer to you
Safety at work and Healthcare
Safety at work & Healthcare: Highest standards in occupational safety and health, comprehensive programs and measures for safety at work and preventive healthcare with comprehensive coverage and flexible options.
Security for the future
Financial security for your individual retirement plan.
Respect, recognition and appreciation of the contribution of everyone. Regular team - and social events.
Training and continuing developement options. Help to grow alongside with us, in personality and profession.
Compensation and benefits
We offer a lot: Fair working conditions and a reasonable, competitive compensation are the foundation for many more attractive benefits.
Open, tolerant and constructive work environment with a team consistent of diverse views and backgrounds.
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly at 1-844-###-####.
We are thyssenkrupp!
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 160,000 employees in 78 countries and annual sales of ?42,7 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Associated topics: assistant principal, director, elementary vice principal, high school superintendent, middle school principal, principal, school principal, superintendent, supervise, vice principal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...