Business Development / Partnerships Lead - Americas - New York
TransferWise is the highest valued fintech in Europe, and we're looking for a sharp, entrepreneurial Business Development / Partnerships Lead to help lead BD and market expansion in the Americas.
We're 8 years and 5 million customers into building TransferWise, and this role is a unique opportunity to scale an innovative - and proven - solution for saving money to new geographies and client bases.
The role is based in our New York City office, but the ideal candidate is expected to work closely with the global BD team based in our London headquarters, and offices around the world including Tallinn and Singapore.
The candidate will focus on growing the TransferWise for Banks product, which is a key strategic priority for the next stage of the company's rapidly growing B2B proposition. You'll work to leverage our open API to encapsulate TransferWise's much-loved products into an external Banks' own infrastructure. Some of the fastest growing Challenger Banks in the world have already integrated TransferWise - including Monzo, N26 and BPCE. And the list is growing every day.
Being the sole BD team member based in the US means the candidate needs to enjoy working independently, and be excited about frequent international travel. In addition to regional BD leads, they will also work closely with other functions, including Product Managers, Implementation Managers, and Account Managers.
* Develop and execute GTM strategies for new markets for TransferWise for Banks in the Americas, and take ownership of deepening market share in existing ones.
* Identify, build, and manage a pipeline of well-diversified leads in NorthAm and LatAm.
* Comfortably navigate Banks' organisational structures, manage many simultaneous conversations, and drive an agenda across long sales cycles.
* Have a strong head for economics, and be responsible for managing the financial and legal negotiations with bank clients.
* Figure out a way to communicate, convince the value of, and embed TransferWise's new-age UX in a Bank's online banking platform or app. Must be comfortable articulating the steps required for an API integration into payment systems on manageable yet tight timelines.
* Are familiar with the regulatory landscape in North American and Latam markets, or show willingness to learn along steep learning curves.
* Demonstrate EQ and cultural sensitivity. Thrive in client and team environments where diverse ideas and opinions are the norm.
* Show strong judgement skills - on client engagements, market growth, and on constructive team dynamics.
* Scope and size opportunities in a data-driven way quickly and efficiently, whilst solving for the overall strategy of the team.
* Be a shining symbol for perseverance, even in the face of failure.
* Work with a global team across London, New York, Singapore and Tallinn to scale a new, rapidly growing product. This includes other BD regional leads, Product Managers, Implementation Managers, Account Managers, and more.
* Have direct influence on the development of our products and services for the next/current wave of clients.
* Stay consistently on top of where our product is heading.
* You love a good challenge, and the prospect of a high-pressure, fast-moving project gets you excited. You've worked in finance, consulting, technology, sales, started your own company, or done something else that was challenging.
* You are well-networked amongst the Banking and Credit Union communities, and are comfortable with navigating them.
* You're logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but are not afraid to voice your instinct for others to improve upon.
* You can clearly demarcate your tactical plans and long-term strategy, and show how you measure success on each front.
* You're customer-focused, empathetic, and know how to figure out what motivates people. You've either worked in a client facing role, or spent time supporting those who do.
* You're okay with ambiguity, and enjoy working in a complex, technical industry. You have experience working with or can talk technically about APIs.
* You know that understanding the market is critical, and stay close to competition, customers' evolving needs and are comfortable dealing with varying regional regulations.
* You enjoy traveling and working with a diverse group of people.
* Above all, you want to grow TransferWise exponentially.
You share our passion for:
* Customers - you understand that the TransferWise exists solely to serve customers, and that includes our partners and our partners' customers.
* Teamwork - you value teamwork and never let ego ruin a collaborative atmosphere.
* Being goal oriented - you are extremely goal-oriented. But the means to your end are equally important. You find ways to achieve your goals even if everything is constantly changing around you.
* Flexibility - you value all ideas and make sure the best idea wins. You are flexible to re-evaluate your goals every once in awhile.
* Constantly developing yourself - you realise that there are always better and more efficient ways of doing things.
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: money without borders. We want people and businesses to send, spend, and receive in any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever. With less fees.
In 2011 we launched a money transfer service to let customers to send money around the world with the real exchange rate and without the crazy bank fees. Since then, over 5 million customers have trusted us to transfer their money. We now move over ?4 billion around the world every single month.
In 2017 we launched our multi-currency account and debit card so people and businesses can manage all their currencies in a single account, pay and get paid around the world with the real exchange rate and low fees, and spend without foreign transaction fees in 40+ currencies.
Want to learn more?
Check out our API documentation is here.
Check out our new TransferWise for Banks landing page here.
Please note we cannot provide VISA sponsorship for this position.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...