Job Title: Java/Scala Developer
Location: Midtown NYC
Contract: Long Term
Investment Management Technology (IMIT)
Investment Management Technology exclusively partners with the Investment Management business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Investment Management (MSIM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the MSIM environment.
Opportunity with the Team
Investment Management is one of the largest asset managers in the world. It offers a wide range of products and services, including a large family of domestic and international Equity, Fixed and Multi-asset class funds for individual and institutional investors. With over 30 years of global investment experience, IM offers its clients the personalized attention and service of a boutique, the intelligence and creativity of some of the brightest professionals in the industry and the global resources of *. Comprehensive suite of investment strategies are designed to help meet the diverse needs of institutional investors throughout the world. The position is for an Equity Front Office developer in the New York office. This individual will work as part of the global development team, which is spread across 4 MSIM offices. The individual will be responsible for development of the Investment Dashboard application. Investment Dashboard offers a set of tools for the portfolio managers of MSIM to monitor their portfolio positions, risk and performance. The developer will work closely with MSIM Portfolio Managers and research analyst to gather requirements and design the system accordingly. The developer will also be responsible for building tools and services to expose the data for end user consumption.
* Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communications.
* We support what we build - individual will be responsible for post-production support on a rotation basis
* Strong problem solving skills and programming fundamentals.
* Full stack developer able to operate with Java, spring boot framework
* Extensive hands-on experience with web frameworks and Angular JS, Hicharts and D3 visualizations
* Experience with Tableau is a plus
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting, python and SQL
* Experience in DB2
* Strong understanding of financial markets and various financial instruments with focus on equities
* Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Experience working in a virtual or global team, strong team player
* Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
* 5-7 years of experience
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, back end, developer, java, matlab, perl, programming, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...