Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We're a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. We call New York City home, but our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe. This here is our website, and you can also find us on your iPhone or Android device, in your Facebook feed and everywhere else you watch video.
The Programming Coordinator is responsible for preliminary copywriting and daily operational tasks required for publishing videos to the GBS site, social channels and third-party distributors. Working to support all members of the programming team, the position works closely with the programming editors to ensure accurate and on-brand daily publishing.
* Supports and handles operational tasks required to publish videos across multiple platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); this includes uploading videos, building and scheduling the daily newsletter, programming all owned and operated platforms (site, app, OTT), creating thumbnail images and custom marketing materials specific to individual platforms, coordinating asset transfer from overseas bureaus, and third party distribution - 40% * Works with analytics teams to monitor real-time information and trends to inform programming & optimization strategies - 20% * Writes headlines, tweets and short social copy that directly engages audiences on all platforms - 10% * Troubleshoots technical issues on owned and operated platforms. Works with website developers to improve publishing and workflow tools - 10% * Works with editorial team to ideate new programming opportunities, such as editorial playlists, guides, etc. - 10% * Handles ad hoc tasks, including community management and content rights management maintenance - 10%
* 1-2 years experience in digital media * Basic experience with copywriting and social media * Understanding of the digital media landscape- Working knowledge of media law, standards and practices preferred * Experience with Adobe creative suite not necessary but preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in communication, journalism, digital media or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, we would consider experience and on the job accomplishment.
* Sound editorial news judgement * Strong communication skills * Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills * Strong organization skills * Ability to work in a fast pace, startup environment
* Paid time off every year to volunteer * Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies * 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers * 2018 Best Company for Dads * An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career * Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.